Saturday 28 July 2012

It’s time to clean your brushes!


Ever wonder when to clean your makeup brushes? Well, if you’re thinking about it – Ladies, it’s time to clean your makeup brushes!  Apart from the makeup we use, brushes breed just as much germs you can ever imagine! And more over having it to put it on your face, eyes, and lips everyday!


Let me show you my trophy of dirty brushes! :P

                                                                                                                                                                                           


















I used to clean my brushes with shampoo until one day my aunt gave me Bobbi Brown’s Conditioning Brush Cleanser as a gift! *muacks*

I simply love it.                                                                                                                                                                     























Why use BB’s conditioning brush cleanser?


Read on and I tell you why :)

I start off by squeezing only a few drops of gel like cleanser into the slightly warm water (you can use the water from your water heater).
                                                                                                                                                                             
















After that, I simply soak it for 1-2 mins and then gently wash the brushes with my hands for the old stains. Most of the stains dissolve easily in the water unlike using shampoo!


















Next, rinse brushes with cooled tap water to shrink back the brushes. Repeat this a few times until water is clear.


















Squeeze off excess water from your brushes with your hands and place it on a clean towel to dab it dry.
                                                                                                                                                                             























Always remember to shape back your brushes using your fingers before you air dry. Also, make sure you place it flat to dry. The results? See it for yourself…

























My brushes look as if it’s brand new! The hairs on my brushes are so soft and shiny compare to using shampoo!

I also did an experiment to see how effective it dissolves my makeup.


Pic.1- I decided to test on my lipstick, eye shadow, coloured eyeliner, and waterproof eyeliner.
Pic.2- I squeeze just 3 drops of Bobbi Brown’s conditioning brush cleanser.
Pic.3- To my surprise, most of the makeup removes in just first wipe only the waterproof eyeliner stays on a little.
Pic.4- After few wipes, my hand is clean!

My conclusion is waterproof eyeliner and old stains need to be soak longer and it really dissolves makeup faster than shampoo.  My brushes will now last longer with shinier, softer hair! 

*Tips on how to make your brushes lasts longer!


Doing so will cause the hairs from your brushes to fall off as the excess water will stays inside the brushes! You don’t want that to happen do you? ;)

Also wash your brushes gently, don’t put too much force to remove stubborn stains. Instead try soaking it a minute or two longer.

So ladies, who say you can’t stay loyal to your brushes?


No comments:

Post a Comment